Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Monday, November 28, 2011

Sprain

Maria writes:
Spraining your wrist kinda knocks the wind out you. I keep thinking I should be able to do (seemingly) simple things, but then I realize it was dumb to even try.

So I decided to tangle left-handed for a while and "feel the burn," as in a "difficult exercise!"

I slowed down and appreciated and understood the intimidation some people have when they first start tangling. Their comments are often, "No way can I EVER do this!"

And now here I'm saying, "No way can I draw with my non-dominant hand!" But, after all is tangled and done, I realize as long as my shaking is consistent throughout my tangling, it all looks pretty darn cool!




Click image for larger view.

12 comments:

crotnem said...

LOL, you're right it does like kewl!!!

Carole Ohl said...

Bummer about your wrist, Maria. Although it sure makes for a stunning example about the non dominant hand. It also goes to show that when beauty exists somewhere, it will find its way forward. Thank you!

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

You made with your left hand a stunning piece of Art. Beautiful.
Lovely greet
Marja

Heather said...

Amazing Maria!!!! Hope you feel better soon! But without the injury, this tangle would never have happened.
xo,
Heather

Jane Monk said...

Very Cool ... hope your wrist gets better soon ... it is a bummer when that happens! Perhaps a sign you do need to take it easy (not that I can see that happening - lol) x

Margaret Bremner, Artist said...

I love the wobbly little tendrils on the right!
Get well soon.
--Margaret

jan boyd said...

This is beautiful! I'm sorry to hear about your wrist. Did you fall? Get better quickly!!

Shelly Beauch said...

Ooh, aahh, ouch but Maria you know how to do it with style.

Meghna Patel said...

Speedy recovery!! lovely tile

Peg Farmer said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your wrist! 'Sending healing energy to you. Meanwhile, your tile is gorgeous. No matter which hand/wrist you use, your work is always beautiful and motivating. Wonder what would happen if you tangled with your toes....hmmmmm...

Karen Woodbine said...

What an interesting tile and it is great that you were able to learn from the experience...feel better soon!

MelanyeNarcarti Narcarti said...

Feel better, Maria. I must say, you're left hand was consistent! Love the tile!